Wednesday, February 08, 2017

WIPs With Friends

I decided to work on a few things I needed to tidy up.  
So I cleaned up my room and began to work on cutting out more of my Ocean Waves quilt.  
Then my daughter called and plans changed. 
 She wanted me to sew a peacock diaper for Beep. 
 That consumed all of my Saturday afternoon. 
 I had her bring the old one so I had a pattern and we made a few modifications.  

I forgot to take any process shots but here it is in all it's glory. 
 We added velcro so will see how that works out.  Hopefully Beep will not be able to undo that.


This is how it goes on the bird.


 Here is Beep modeling her new diaper.



Next up was to make some baked egg rolls.  It was my first attempt at this.  


I think they could be rolled a bit tighter, which I did as I made more. 
 Overall they turned out well and were only 3 Smart Points each! 
 Recipe is from the Skinny Kitchen website and you can find it here.


I put on my new Valentine's leggings and life was good!


I made the binding for the Hallowedding quilt this weekend too.  It's all black. 


I made a couple of oven mitts but I can't show them as they are a surprise for a friend
 and she reads my blog.  
TRUST me when I say they are adorable! 
 I just need to put the bias binding on the bottoms of them.  
I am going to attempt a Open Wide bag for the same friend. 
 The free tutorial is on Noodlehead's blog.  
If I can figure out how to make them I will show you what I end up with.  

OK so what are you working on?  Join up with the link or use the #WIPsWithFriends.

~XOP~



3 comments:

dianne said...

erm ... that's ... erm ... doing your motherly dooty.

making binding is fun, innit?!? it means you're almost done!!!

Ioleen said...

Love the leggings ❤❤❤❤❤❤

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Busy lady. Bird diapers, a necessity if they are indoors. Enjoy seeing your cooking adventures.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~